Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, hope this is okay to post.

Just over a year ago, I took on my dad's old house, and I want to get the bathroom done up. His ex-wife convinved him to fit a shower cubicle and get rid of the bath, and whoever she got in to do it seemed to be a bit of a cowboy, so it has to go. But I digress...

There's a waste pipe in the corner of the room, which runs all the way down to & through the kitchen. It goes all the way up to the attic/ceiling, but I'm not sure that's really needed now. When we moved into the house ~30 years ago, there was a cold water tank up there and a hot water tank downstairs in a cupboard. Both are long gone, so I'm not sure why this is still there. So question 1 - could this be removed if/when getting the new bathroom put in?

And on the subject of the attic, there's some old pipework up there that I'm not sure is even needed anymore now that the tank is away. If I'm going to get a plumber in as part of the bathroom, I figure I would use the opportunity to get this removed - or at least tidied up - so I can floor the loft for storage and potential solar panels later. I know it's maybe a hard ask online, without physical access, but question 2 - what's the likelihood of these pipes still getting water through?

Any and all help greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, the pressure reads at 2.5 bar at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you use the search box at the top right of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
Back