Advice needed with my Hive Multi-zone and unvented tank | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed with my Hive Multi-zone and unvented tank in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I'd appreciate a bit of advice about my hot water and heating system..
So, we moved into a new build about 5 months ago and we have a TheraQ ProLite SS 250 unvented tank, we also have a gas boiler and Hive multizone. My understanding is that the boiler sends hot water to the tank to heat up the coil inside, which then heats the water in the tank (feel free to correct me) With the price of everything increasing, I thought it made sense to not have the water constantly being heated when not being used, but how do I do this? Since we moved in my Hive app under the water section was set to off and I didn't change this because it seemed to be working fine and always hot water on demand. Yesterday I decided to set the schedule for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the evening, but I'm not sure if this is just giving it an extra boost on top of it already doing it's own thing and actually costing more instead of less.. I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this for me.
Cheers

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You will need two eg one system pack eg for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
  • Question
Thank you very much for this. I will get some...
Replies
Views
Back