Advice on a new Heat only boiler for mirco bore system | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on a new Heat only boiler for mirco bore system in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave1983

I was called to go and have a look at a basi solo 2 40 pf (12kw) that wasn't working. As it turns out it's seen better days and needs replacing. It's a heat only boiler with new Cylinder, pump and three port valve. There's one bathroom 7 rads but the main issue is its all 10mm pipe ! Before the boiler broke down only one rad didn't work very well all the others heated up fine. I'm fully aware that the system needs to b throughly cleaned out and will be fitting a magna clean, but what boiler would you recommend and whats the best way to clean the system, as I'm getting conflicting advice? Some people say its best to rip it all out but the customer really can afford that ? Please help !

Why on earth would it all need ripping out!?

Just give it a good chemical clean & fit a magnetic style filer on the return of a Worcester 12ri boiler! There's different advice about power flushing this type so it's up to you to decide on the condition of the system etc!

Why on earth would it all need ripping out!?

Just give it a good chemical clean & fit a magnetic style filer on the return of a Worcester 12ri boiler! There's different advice about power flushing this type so it's up to you to decide on the condition of the system etc!

The 12ri was the boiler I was inclined to fit over any thing else so glad you agree the house and system is only 12 years old, so I would imagine the pipe work wouldn't be that badly clogged up. Will have to flush it some now as the boiler doesn't not work at all ?

It's probably the old solo sludged up, the main heating circuit should be okay.

You can still powerflush a microbore system, just needs more care &'attention! Are you a heating / plumbing engineer? Worth getting someone in of not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back