Advice on basin mixer please | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on basin mixer please in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aquarius

As some of you know I’ve only worked on housing stock, which is mainly high pressure systems and mostly two tap hole installations. After my advice on another thread (thank you for those who contributed) I was looking at renewing my basin mixer. I’ve seen a few different ones, and I like this one 3246720L Eurosmart Monobloc Basin Mixer.

• It is claimed it will work on low pressure systems at 0.2bar, but there’s a review on Amazon where someone has said it’s a poor flow - anyone got experience with this tap and gravity hot water?
  • Are pop up wastes universal?
  • When I changed my 1/4 turn bath mixer for a compression valve shower mixer, because it’s mains cold and gravity hot water I had to install check valves (you would think plumber’s on new builds would know this) the flow rate seemed lower - assuming because of the check valves so don’t want this to affect basin mixer.
  • I’m moving house eventually, so don’t want to spend too much.
Thank so for reading, any help is appreciated. Even if it’s recommending different tap.
[automerge]1606570195[/automerge]
As some of you know I’ve only worked on housing stock, which is mainly high pressure systems and mostly two tap hole installations. After my advice on another thread (thank you for those who contributed) I was looking at renewing my basin mixer. I’ve seen a few different ones, and I like this one 3246720L Eurosmart Monobloc Basin Mixer.

• It is claimed it will work on low pressure systems at 0.2bar, but there’s a review on Amazon where someone has said it’s a poor flow - anyone got experience with this tap and gravity hot water?
  • Are pop up wastes universal?
  • When I changed my 1/4 turn bath mixer for a compression valve shower mixer, because it’s mains cold and gravity hot water I had to install check valves (you would think plumber’s on new builds would know this) the flow rate seemed lower - assuming because of the check valves so don’t want this to affect basin mixer.
  • I’m moving house eventually, so don’t want to spend too much.
Thank so for reading, any help is appreciated. Even if it’s recommending different tap.

The Amazon review Amazon.co.uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2VGPVJPNJIJ89/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00WBIH962

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If it’s ceramic cartridge it’s not really suitable for gravity / low pressure

As in what the mechanics or straight swap then yes straight swap

Thanks Shaun, I’ve since had some reservations about it, and am currently looking at alternative taps. My existing quarter turn taps seem so to cope with gravity and they’re ceramic? Yes the Grohe I saw ceramic cartdridge.

Re: pop up, I will probably just get one with the new tap.

Oddly, contract lever taps from Screw, Tool et al, all perform just fine on gravity. The better looking, pricier, fancier types often struggle.
[automerge]1606664088[/automerge]
Have fitted lots of Grohe taps on high pressure, they always seem quite restrictive to flow, which usually produces a nice restrained flow on high pressure, don't think I'd risk it on gravity.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
I havent yet....but it's looking like TMV's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Concusive taps are very common in public...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A ShowerPowerBooster SP21S double boost on the...
Replies
Views
Back