Advice on Bath mixer taps that integrate shower. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on Bath mixer taps that integrate shower. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

HI, i qualified as a plumber in 1999 but have had a career in welding since ( i discovered quickly I didn't like plumbing but stayed to finish my qualification rather than waste those years ), so while I'm not a complete novice, I'm not exactly at the cutting edge !

I am refurbing and bought a bath unit. It has mixer taps located on the middle of the side of the bath, at the end of the bath there is a pull out shower head. Under the bath and directly under where the pull out shower head is fitted, is a plastic tank. This is all connected to the mixers and waste underneath the bath.

I want to know how this works and how to put the mixer together ( there are four outlets under the bath on the mixer unit 2 for the taps and 2 for the shower ?

If anyone can point me in the right direction of a diagram or info on these systems it would be handier than trial and error !!

Thanks in advance

Does it not come with instructions?

In my experience your “four outlets” are probably; Hot in, Cold in, mixed out to tap spout, mixed out to shower handset.
These things often come with flexi hoses of appropriate lengths, but not always- in which case buy some.

Have you considered future access to the taps and fittings once installed?

I personally would not dream of fitting this type of thing in my house, and always discourage customers too.
Just saying.

Upvote 0
As a qualified plumber I wouldn’t have anything like this in my house.
I recently ripped out a bath for a customer that had an odd set up like this, the shower hose in the corner was leaking.

Keep it simple.
[automerge]1601933201[/automerge]

I personally would not dream of fitting this type of thing in my house, and always discourage customers too.
Just saying.

Good advice.

Upvote 0
Does it not come with instructions?

In my experience your “four outlets” are probably; Hot in, Cold in, mixed out to tap spout, mixed out to shower handset.
These things often come with flexi hoses of appropriate lengths, but not always- in which case buy some.

Just saying.

Hi , I bought the suite second hand, so no instructions or much choice involved, tho if it doesn’t work out I can always just replace the mixer and cap the hole from the pull out.

Upvote 0
Consider why someone was selling it...

Honestly these things are a nightmare, one of the many products where you seriously wonder how it got to manufacture stage without someone stopping it.
Form over function at its best/worst.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
These sort of things get discontinued for a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I know they require the ibox installation...
Replies
Views
T
Replies
Views
  • Question
In the fitting in the wall there is a blue...
Replies
Views
Back