Advice on Boiler Choice When Renting Property Out? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on Boiler Choice When Renting Property Out? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snash1039

Have a property which I would like to rent out and then move in.

However, I have a dilemna in which boiler I should install. I wish to install a vaillant eco
tech, but my plumber has advised on the main eco 25 boiler.

I want Three answers.

Q1. IF I wanted to rent out property (long term) which is the best
boiler option to go for?

Q2. IF I wanted to rent out property Short term (1-2) years
and then decided I want to move in, then is it worth having
installing a high spec boiler like Vaillant OR Worcestor, etc?

Q3. IF I install a high spec boiler, then is it worth it if the
tenants are there?

Would appreciate your help in this matter.

Snash1039

Vaillant is better than the main, with 5 year guarantee on ecotec plus models, fit a decent magnetic filter and inhibitor and the boiler will last for years

Install the most reliable boiler you can find if your funds allow. It makes no difference whatsoever who lives there! It's your house and you don't want the boiler breaking down at all.

i only fit worcesters and mains, will fit a vaillant and baxi if customer specifies it.

in my opinion main is a cracking boiler, good value for money etc, but if your planning to keep long term or rent long term take the boiler with the longer warranty! it speaks a thousands words!

but if all you can afford is a main its its by far the best budget boiler on the market! hands down imo

Install the most reliable boiler you can find if your funds allow. It makes no difference whatsoever who lives there! It's your house and you don't want the boiler breaking down at all.

100% right, best you can afford at the time, less breakdowns, less stress, less hassel.

I'd put a better boiler in my rentals than in my own house just for the above reasons.... If it goes wrong, you may have to be there plumber may turn up can't gain access, it can turn into a saga.

The only thing I'd add to this is make sure you get a decent plumber to install. No point paying top dollar for a quality boiler only to have a cowboy install it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your information guys. On the...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
He’s never had any one look at the gas or...
Replies
Views
Back