Advice on boiler wanted | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on boiler wanted in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Can someone tell me what size and type of oil fired boiler I need to provide low temperature background underfloor heating in my approx 104 square-metre single storey well-insulated cottage? My current boiler (Firebird Enviromax Condensing boiler) is not worth repairing again, even though it’s only 8 years old and has not been used much. I just want a little background heat to keep the damp away. I have a wood-burning stove in the main living area, and when I have visiting family or friends the bodies produce enough heat. The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
The underfloor heating pipes were installed when the cottage was restored in 1996. I can’t remember what boiler was fitted at that time. I got the system flushed out last Spring. I’m really hoping for some sound advice, as I want to get it right this time.

The house gets chilly and damp when I’m on my own.
I recommend you find a reputable independent heating engineer and get them to recommend a replacement boiler. A 'well insulated' house should not get 'damp'. Make sure you draw this to the attention of your heating engineer so they can advise on the probable cause(s) and suitable remedy(ies). (This will often involve improved ventilation.)

Similar plumbing topics

D
https://salamanderstoves.com/product/small-stov...
Replies
Views
Hot water storage ? And tbh I would keep the...
Replies
Views
Wondering if the Pump is up to scratch?... 10m?
Replies
Views
D
H2 with combi and stove? Combi sealed system...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Back