Advice on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GenerationJones

Hi my Boiler is failing. It appears to run the central heating ok but the hot water runs intermittently hot then cold minute by minute. I have had the sensors changed but the advice points it to be the heat exchanger. Its old and I believe was a put in reconditioned. Latest plumber suggests the system is 'gunked' up and it needs replacing. He flushed some cleaner through the system to try and linp it on through xmas visitors etc but has now said he could replace it before xmas with a Baxi Platinum for 1900. I'd like it done BUT dont want to take a boiler that may cause me problems. I have a second quote coming in after xmas not on a Baxi.
Any thoughts on the original problem or the boiler offered? Thanks

As far as I know there is no difference between a cheaper Baxi Duotech and a Platinum they are the same boiler inside (somone will correct me if iam wrong lol!), the only difference is the price, you pay more on the platinum as you get a 5 year garentee, personaly I will never fit another Baxi product again by choice after some herrendous exp with some of thier products but looking at the Platinum etc they are a different kettle of fish to the 100/133 he British leyland piles of s***
Ask 10 mplumbers what thed fit and youl get 10 different answers everybody has got thier favourites, I like Viessmann personaly as i can offer a 5yr garentee with it.

baxi are good so are w/b, and val. 1900£ for one out one in only 28kw seems a steep price to me cost of boiler retail @ 975£, but it depends on what he is doing, power flush, etc more details needed.

The house I want to heat has 5 bedrooms and 3 reception 3 bathrooms plus hall,downstairs loo, kitchen.
Quote says supply and fit platinum baxi 5 years parts and labour magnetic filler flush system and inhibitor price includes pipe and fittings bypassed the vat bit and has 1900 in total so i"m supposing that is it.

Thanks for replies to date

nothing wrong with the baxi duo tec its a cracking boiler very reliable

what size combi? also 3 bathrooms? could struggle with combi to supply if all on demand for hot water , re think i think, need tank storgage, others will be commenting i would think.

the same as a normal combi only its designed to work with a high or gravity pressure cylinder giving lots more hot water ie it will cope with 3 bathrooms

Thanks . I'm being extra careful as getting this before xmas invoves not having a comparison estimate.

More info

The boiler is not a system boiler this would mean fitting a cylinder. The duo tech 28he platinum is a combi boiler which is a replacement for the combi you already have.
The price includes the flue and clock, also 3no 1 meter flue extensions.
Fernox tf1 magnetic filter
roomthermostat
thermostatic valves to bedroom radiators.

There are boilers such as the worcester 30cdi which is rated as one of the best on the market but it is 225 POUNDS dearer
and only has a 2 year waranty compared to the 5 year you get with the Baxi platinum.Which is why i recomend the Baxi.
The boiler does need a yearly service to keep the waranty i can do this at a cost of approx 50pounds.

i would get the baxi over the worcester a much better combi IMHO for a start the baxi is much easier to service and repair baxis service division heatteam are excellent and its a very reliable boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a worcester coz i got it chep, i dont like em too much as a mate of mine from bg said they are awful to work on, seem expensive to maintain in comparrison.
i used to fir baxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
Back