Advice on drainage for blocked 2nd story toilets/drains | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on drainage for blocked 2nd story toilets/drains in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like there’s some convoluted plumbing done by someone - p traps and not sure if they’re correctly installed.

We clear the blockages with draino but they keep happening. Can someone tell me if these drain pipes are done correctly (we’ve only recently moved in). I’m not a plumber but just needing some advice on whether I need to get someone in to fix. Thanks
E6D9D71F-733C-4ACB-9865-9957DFAA03C8.jpeg

Attachments

• 72E6A8E8-0145-402B-BB5E-707FB116C173.jpeg
    72E6A8E8-0145-402B-BB5E-707FB116C173.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 32
In answer to your question, yes you do need to get a plumber in to sort that out!
The shower is clearly a bodge and will be much improved by configuring the drain better and using a conventional shower trap that can be cleared from inside the shower enclosure.
Get the plumber to check falls on the toilet drains too, as someone that does a bodge like that shower does not point to being a careful worker!

It also looks like the shower tray has been laid directed on the joists, this is not good practice. From below you could infill between the joists with 18mm ply pushed up and then held in place with screwed battens.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
S
Replies
Views
You got your colours muddled. The black needle...
Replies
Views
Back