Advice on Faulty Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on Faulty Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

Hi
I have purchased and installed a Trianco electric boiler for a client which has now developed a fault and needs an expensive part replacing. Unfortunately the boiler was purchased 3 weeks before Trianco went into administration - the new company TR Engineering are not honouring the manufacturers warranties for items purchased before the date of administration.

My client unsurprisingly is not happy - as I do not think I should be held liable for the cost of replacing the boiler as it did work , before the fault developed.

Do I have any responsibility for any costs relating to the replacement / repair ie cost of parts , labour etc.

Thanks in advance

Lenny

You can only guarantee the work that you do not the product. I would get the customer to contact consumer direct to find out where he/she stands legally with the warranty.

I personally would offer to fit the part for free if the customer pays for the part as gesture of good will.

Trianco have gone into administration!? Oh dear, I fitted one before Xmas. I thought Trianco was a safe company to place your money with. Hope I don't have any issues now.

Its a real tricky one Lenny. Are you insured? Would it be claimable?

How expensive is the part? I bought a 12KW boiler for £500, so that's a worst case scenario for me, what's the damage your end? Labour figure shouldn't be too high to drop system and change it, maybe you and the client can comprimise. They must understand that this is not your fault. You didn't knowingly install a faulty boiler or know that Trianco would go under.

I feel for you mate.

I personally would offer to fit the part for free if the customer pays for the part as gesture of good will.

That's exactly what I was thinking. You're doing the decent thing that way, and share the misery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back