Advice on hot water system | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on hot water system in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I had the hot water tank replaced yesterday as the old one had split. The new installation was finished but last night when the water heating control kicked in so did the central heating and the radiators hotted up. I spotted on the diverter valve that there is a setting to switch from manual (open) to Automatic. This seemed to do the trick and stopped the radiators heating up but I'm adamant the central heating pump is running as I can hear it and it's vibrating. I've attached some pictures of the setup just for clarification on the valve and pump.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220527_162713.jpg
    20220527_162713.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220527_162813.jpg
    20220527_162813.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220527_162826.jpg
    20220527_162826.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 21
Was it in the locked open position they might if forgot to slide it back once they’ve filled the heating system

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Back