Advice on leaking waste pipe connector | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on leaking waste pipe connector in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Really hoping someone could advice me on a leak issue I'm having.

We have a macerator type set up for our ensuite, that joins to the main soil pipe in the loft. The connector where the pipe from macerator meets the main soil pipe is not water tight, and therefore excess water is flowing out. I have a video here (hopefully it works).

If I apply pressure to the connector against the soil pipe, the leaking stops so clearly a watertight issue. Any idea how I could tighten this connection? Would silicone around the connector work? Or would this require something more major?

Thank you...

Where’s is leaking from? Where the boss plate attaches to the stack? I’m assuming so, as of it were one of the compression nuts, you’d have tighten it.

If it is the boss plate, you ideally need to redo it. Please don’t bandaid it with silicone.

It’s a mechanical boss like this. They come with a fixing tool. You maybe able to tighten it without the tool but you’d have to disconnect the macerater discharge pipe to have a look. I’ve not used this one to be able to advise if you can tighten it without the tool.

Ideally you want to ditch the mechanical boss and get a solvent weld one.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ben-gee All is fine now. Thanks for your kind...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, My earlier post above was about...
Replies
Views
Back