advice on new boiler and cylinder | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss advice on new boiler and cylinder in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbob B

please can anyone offer me some advice or recommendation on a new boiler and cylinder I am being quoted for....
Quick summary - detached 4-bed house, 3 showers, very old gas boiler and cylinder which may well have a pitted coil. So, I am looking for a new cylinder (preferably pressurised to meet demands of the 3 non-power showers) and may well need a new boiler as the old one is under the sink and would probably be condemned before being serviced....
The lead quote I have is for an Albion pressurised cylinder and an Alpha system boiler (unvented) - I understand this combination will give me a good pressure for the showers and good efficiency and pressure for the radiators.
Will need a new flue and probably some other minor bits and bobs and full quote is around £4,000-£4,500 full fitted for all of this including VAT.

Pls can anyone offer comment on Albion and Alpha and whether this quote is ok?

Cheers!

Hi. Before signing up check the main supply pressure and pipe size. If these are below standard the performance of the proposed system will be compromised.

thanks justlead1. any views on the quote or cylinder or boiler makes?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I like a cylinder that has internal expansion...
Replies
Views
One thing I might add. We too are in a similar...
Replies
Views
I think a lot of us suspect your cylinder is...
Replies
Views
Back