Advice on new boiler and what type | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on new boiler and what type in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bahadur

i need a new boiler for a 6 bed room house and 4/5 bathrooms and i want to run under floor heating for the ground floor which is about 5 rooms. Also what is cheaper gas or oil. if you can help i would really appriciate it.

Get a plumber in to advise u
You will need room size and,heat loss calculations and hot water flows / demands worked out.
You just asked an open ended question like how long is a piece of string !!!
also which gas - natural gas or LPG verses the oil

natural gas cheapest, then oil then lpg then go for system boiler and unvented cylinder, dont even let anyone mention combi, and DO NOT buy your boiler fm wickes or B&Q, intergas is a good mid range make

Why ask between gas and oil. It's a no brainer if on mains gas?

thank you lame plumber i will take this on board when i buy a new boiler. The house is in the sticks so have no natural gas. Thanks

What area are you in
There may be a member near you to advise further

Ground source heat pump could be an alternative especially if you have underfloor

LPG much cleaner and easier for the customer, especially if let to run out / re light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back