Advice on New Boiler needed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on New Boiler needed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dazzlepad

I recently moved into a house which has a very old Servo Warm master radiator system which I would like to replace as it is very ineffecient and ugly and is located in the living room.
I would be very grateful for any advice as to a suitable replacement and what locations I can install the new boiler. A couple of options I have considered are a floor mounted boiler in the kitchen or wall mounted in the downstairs bathroom.
It is a 3 bedroom house with the main bathroom downstairs and a shower room upstairs. The hot water cylinder (indirect) is also downstairs and the hot water is pumped throughtout the house.

my hse had one about 100 years ago.i put my boiler above the cylinder.
keep it all next to each other to reduce unneeded pipe and electrical runs.

The only thing next is, have you got the crap pipes install in the 80s if so
when altering pipe work you may start a run of leaking pipes

be on your guard.

good luck mate

Thanks for the advice guys. Above the cylinder is not an option as it is in a cupboard under the stairs and there is no room. I think a combi is also out of the question as I need to pump the hot water to get it upstairs as cylinder is downstairs.

Do you have a shower in the down stairs bathroom, if so a combi is not an option, it will not cope with muliple hot water draw offs. You could get a stored water combi, but I would consider a system boiler with either pump & cylinder or an unvented cylinder. Make sure your working pressure and flow rate from the main are checked regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Back