Advice on new condensing gas boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on new condensing gas boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Domhnall

Hi All,

My Name is Domhnall from Ireland I'm New and I joined the forum for two reasons.
1 is to get assistance from answers given to queries and to throw my sixpence worth in if I can.
and
2 to get impartial advice on reliable new condensing boilers.

I have an old potterton profile 50 boiler for the last 15 years and it never gave me a days trouble.It is however inneficient and needs replacing.The engineer doing some work on my house recommended a Voykera 30.
On reading forums there is lot written about many boilers from different
manufacturers and they all seem to fail or be bad! its all very scary because as I said I never had a minutes trouble with my old one !!!
So What is the most reliable and the best ?

Many Thanks

Domhnall

I have an old potterton profile 50 boiler for the last 15 years and it never gave me a days trouble.It is however inneficient and needs replacing.
Why does the boiler need replacing? Has it boiler broken down?

If it has not broken down there is no point replacing it. Wait until it has broken down and you can't get the parts or the cost of repairing is too high.

You will never recover the cost of a new boiler through the saving on your gas bill. Additionally new boilers are unlikely to last 15 years.

Hi Thanks for reply,

I am a firm believer in " leave well enough alone" however I am having an extension carried out and the boiler has to be moved, also i have to have some extra rads added and linked up to my hot water cylinder so the poor old boiler may not be up to it.We have a grant here at the moment of €750 to replace old boilers with efficient ones so it will cut some of the cost.Thanks.

Cheers
Domhnall

I am having an extension carried out and the boiler has to be moved, also i have to have some extra rads added and linked up to my hot water cylinder so the poor old boiler may not be up to it.
In that case a new boiler is probably justified.

To find out what size boiler you need use the Boiler Size Calculator

When it asks for the number of walls, it means exposed walls. So a detached has four; but a semi has three - two, side-to-side; and one, front-to-back. The builder/architect should have worked out the requirement for the extension, so you just add that to the calculation for the main house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
I know hydrogen sulphide is added to mains gas...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Back