Advice on shower tower fittings | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on shower tower fittings in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have a shower tower fitted and my flexi pipes (500mm) are about 7cm short of where they need to be to fit onto the mixing valve in the back of the shower. I cannot move the shower up and the next longest flexi pipe I can find is 900mm, which is about 830mm longer than I need.. Would a 15mm straight coupler and a shorter flexi pipe connected to the 500mm flexi pipe be better, or would the 900mm one be the answer? Any help would be most appreciated. I have posted pictures to try to show what i mean. Kind regards, Kev.

Attachments

• shower tower.jpg
    shower tower.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 39
  • shower pipes.jpg
    shower pipes.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 38
  • shower fittings.jpg
    shower fittings.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 36
Why can’t you extend the copper pipe before it enters the flexi ?

Upvote 0
Why can’t you extend the copper pipe before it enters the flexi ?
Hi, thanks for your reply. The copper pipes come out of the wall at an angle and not straight down, as seen in picture 2. I'm not a plumber and have no plumbing tools, such as a blow torch, so was just wondering what the easiest way would be to connect to the shower valves preferably without having to solder the copper pipes.
Kind regards, Kev.

Upvote 0
You could go full bodge and join 2x 300mm flexi's together.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-x-300mm/6768g

I've had to do it a couple of times, its fine just looks a bit yeehaw

Don't buy those ones though. You need some with a big bore otherwise you limit the flow rates and your shower will suck

Upvote 0
You could go full bodge and join 2x 300mm flexi's together.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-x-300mm/6768g

I've had to do it a couple of times, its fine just looks a bit yeehaw

Don't buy those ones though. You need some with a big bore otherwise you limit the flow rates and your shower will suck
Cheers fowlerboi, I think this is the easiest option for me. Thanks for your help. Kind regards, Kev.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Morning gents and gals, I have a Milano Tower...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an existing shower which I've removed...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
  • Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
Back