Advice on shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My mates just bought a house and he is having problems with his shower, it's one of those fancy mixer showers with 4 knobs and multiple outlets, problem he's having is it keeps leaking badly and usually happens at night when pressure is higher.

bought the house from a builder who build the house and done the plumbing and electrics, so he comes up "fixes it"

I can't find the model name or anything I'm guessing the shower probably requires a max pressure of say 3 bar or so. Don't really want to get 2 prv's as they are pricey and it doesn't fix the problem. I think if I removed shower and retightened the connections then reduce the max pressure it should work.

It's a combi boiler it's the internal plumbing of the shower itself I'm guessing that isn't handling the pressure which could be as much as 6 bar at night

Upvote 0
That's what I done in my own house and set it to 3.5 but do you think it's the pressure that's too much for the shower? I have never fitted a shower like this is it common for manu's to have a max working pressure of less than 6 bar

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not worth finding parts Bristan zing cheap...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Ok, understood. Our concern is that we then...
Replies
Views
Jane M
J
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah.. i see. yes very odd and at this point...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning Ben-gee Again, many thanks for...
Replies
Views
Back