Advice on soil stack please. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on soil stack please. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane1990

Hi

I am planning on putting in a new bathroom. At the moment I have a seperate bathroom with a toilet next door. The soil stack is cast iron and internal to the house with boxing around it. I am planning on removing the wall between the rooms to make an all in 1 bathroom, the only problem with this is the position of the toilet, the toilet will be facing the wrong way. 'to the right' in theory it needs to be moved 90 degrees clockwise. The only problem with this is the soil stack no providing enough space.

A plumber gave me some advice, to cut the soil stack at the point of the toilet, drill through the wall and go out with plastic fittings, run along the wall and then come back into the house making at possible for the toilet to be mounted at the correct angle but roughy 3 foot over.

I would like you guys to clear some things up for me.
1) is this a good idea?
2) Would I ben able to attemp this kind of job as DIY
3) what do you guys see as a reasonable price for the start to finish of this stack modifcation from a plumber

Much appreciated
Kane

Hi kane,

To be honest it would be guess work without actually seeing a job like this , as for doing it yourself it would depend how competant you feel .

My advice would be to post location here and get a second opinion from a plumber .

A plumber gave me advise:

'I asked a plumber to come round and have a look but I asked him how he'd do it and had no intention of using him'

Now it looks a bit more complicated can anyone here give me an idea of cost to save me calling someone else in for a proper price!

Oh, and I haven't got much money to rip the wall down, to buy and do the bathroom suite, tile etc. So if you could do it cheap...............

if his in the next street to me i wouldnt bother going round free advice i can sit here and give

Many plumbers are aware of this advice for free trick so tell custard very little and quite rightly so imo,we do have to make a living

You wouldn't take your car to the garage and say you want a new exhaust but you don't want them to do it, but can you tell me how to do it free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
J
What goes through this soil stack at that...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back