Advice on Thermostatic Mixer + Combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on Thermostatic Mixer + Combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greyhound_dog_1

Hi folks, thinking about replacing electric shower that came with the house with a nice thermostatic mixer. We have a 24 kW Worcester-Bosch Combi, fully modulating, hopefully it is suitable.

I was aiming to buy a shower myself, then get someone to fit it.

First of all, the original building contractors fitted an electric shower, which makes me wonder if there was a reason why a mixer woldn't have been suitable (though it was probably because they were being cheap). So I was wondering if any experts could advise on that and what to look for/avoid in a thermostatic mixer when used with a combi boiler? I was looking at the Mira Excel, which seems both suitable and reliable according to people.

I was looking for a mixer that would be able to provide good temperature control down to about 6L/min, which is the lower limit of warm mixed flow that keeps the boiler flame alive (or about 3L/min on the hot tap alone). Maybe they can all do that, I just don't want to be forced to have a stupidly-powerful shower and waste water and energy, but just to have that option if I feel like it!

My main question is the above, but also if I get someone to do it, any idea roughly how much I should be expecting it to cost labour-wise? It would involve running a 2nd flexible pipe up the inside of the wall, removing old shower, isolating it, fitting new shower and re-tiliing where necessary. (and would one person be qualified to do all that?).

Thanks folks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back