Advice on what plumbing company's will expect of new employee | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on what plumbing company's will expect of new employee in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny

Hi All,

I added a question for you all a while ago and got some wicked advice!

Just putting another one up for MORE great advice.

Generally looking for what a plumbing company will expect from me in the early days of working for them
They know i have experience in domestic work working self employed but i have never worked for a company before. Im not gas safe so have never done any central heating systems. I think the first few days we will be installing central heating. So just wanted advice on what they will expect of me. They no i am not gas safe so will know i haven't installed any central heating before

Thanks for any advice
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Am sorry to have to post in your thread but am having severe problems getting in touch you. Below is a copy of the PM I sent you but have no response as yet.

I believe you were supposed to be coming to my house, today at approx. 9am to do some plumbing work.

I have left you voicemail, a couple of texts and also been calling but obviously to no avail. I had taken 2 days off my annual leave because you quoted, and accepted a plumbing job from myself.

I would really appreciate it if you did either:

1. Start and complete the job as stated.
2. decline the job which you previously accepted to do today?

Regards

Malik

Hahaha!

johnny, my advice would be to complete all works before starting new works!

good luck matey.

Sorry Johnny but I can't resist.

[video=youtube;uMY5VGYh2Go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMY5VGYh2Go[/video]

Oh well, looks like Johnny does not want to do the job, a simple text, email or even a quick call would have been the decent thing to do. Wasted a whole day waiting in for him and 2 days annual leave which I could have used to better effect with my son...What a waste.

What I don't understand Johnny, is why take the job and then not show up, could you not have let me know at the weekend that you have decided against taking the job on, I could have emailed work and gone back today and not lose out on 2 days?????

Anyway, good luck in your job hunting and your business.

Nobody knows the trouble you feel
Nobody cares, the feelin' is real
Johnny, we're sorry, won't you come on home
We worry, won't you come on
What is wrong in my life
That I must get drunk every night
Johnny, we're sorry won't you come on...
Use the phone, call your mom
She's missing you badly, missing her son
Who do you know, where will you stay
Big city life is not what they say
What is wrong in my life
Johnny, we're sorry won't you come on...
You'd better go, everything's closed
Can't find a room, money's all blown
Nowhere to sleep, out in the cold
Nothing to eat, nowhere to go
What is wrong in my life
Johnny, we're sorry won't you come on. home
We worry, won't you come on home...

Did you post the job up on the forum? If so post it up again and I'm sure someone will help you out no problem.

Did you post the job up on the forum? If so post it up again and I'm sure someone will help you out no problem.

It is on the forum. I know someone will eventually take the job but I don't understand that's all. Why agree and then not turn up, what happened to keeping the customer informed etc etc...Not good also for potential future customers or reputation surely.

Johnny has logged off so he can't give you a reason. Did you get the others to have a look who pm'd you?

Johnny has logged off so he can't give you a reason. Did you get the others to have a look who pm'd you?

Johnny, was the first to reply from here so told them that I would see what he had to say first. Will get back in touch with the others soon.

I'll have a look for your original request advertising the job and repost it for you if you want.

Not everyone is like that!

I would of went with one of the higher posters on the forum not someone with less than 10 posts IMO

Hope you get it sorted

Johnny, was the first to reply from here so told them that I would see what he had to say first. Will get back in touch with the others soon.

I understand that not everyone is like that, I ran a business for ten years and would never ever dream of doing that, I also understand that there are times when you have no choice but to cancel, I always let my customers know though, it is appreciated and they did not waste the whole day waiting...

I have found my original post and will contact the others that responded to it but thank you anyway.

I know you will say that it is stupid but he was young and I thought he could with the job, I know I appreciated it when I was younger and just went self employed.

I know you will say that it is stupid but he was young and I thought he could with the job, I know I appreciated it when I was younger and just went self employed.

We do appreciate that and I thank you for giving the boy the opportunity.

I just don't want the actions or inactions of one fella reflecting on the UKPF if you see what I mean.

Hopefully he'll see this and use it as a learning experience. There could be reasons but a phone call costs nothing and let's you know where you stand.

Thanks Croppie but my son works for Hatters in Bedford and he said he will get me some numbers of the workmen they use in their installations.

You all do have my gratitude though, I shall post again on here as I do have another job but that will be for much later.

It'll be our pleasure Mr M.

And our apologies again!

Maybe Johnny is stressed and overloaded with work, I've been working 7 days flat out nearly all year with about 4-5 hours sleep a night and I failed to turn up for a quote the other day, I just clean forgot I have so much on. I rang about 90mins after the appointment to explain but she had to go out and I still feel really bad as I hate letting people down. It was a lady who approached my van, had she rung I would have simply said I cant take on anymore work but face to face I felt I had to go.

I'm sure Johnny will be round first thing in the morning with his tools.

Maybe Johnny is stressed and overloaded with work, I've been working 7 days flat out nearly all year with about 4-5 hours sleep a night and I failed to turn up for a quote the other day, I just clean forgot I have so much on. I rang about 90mins after the appointment to explain but she had to go out and I still feel really bad as I hate letting people down. It was a lady who approached my van, had she rung I would have simply said I cant take on anymore work but face to face I felt I had to go.

I'm sure Johnny will be round first thing in the morning with his tools.

it is a nice thought but unlikely as he still has not responded to my texts, voicemail or pm...i did manage to call him at home at 11.30ish today, someone answered as if they had just woken up....apparently they could not hear me and just kept saying hello, hello. I dialled again immediately but this time no answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
D
Ah it's all sealed and can't get in to see the...
Replies
Views
Back