Advice re shower waste | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice re shower waste in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level shower and I'm a bit worried about potential issues with the existing low flow-rate of wastewater which puddles for short periods by about 3cm in the bath. I don't want the same happening in the 1400 x 800 x 45mm shower tray that'll replace it. A common problem I'm told.

The existing 40mm bath waste falls about 25cm in its approx 2.5 metre length to an open gully, and has potential for no more than 3 elbows hidden in the old pipe-box, so I can't see why that problem should occur. Maybe the 40mm pipe is a little gunged-up... it IS over 30 years old... or maybe the hidden pipe was badly installed and bows upward somewhere out of sight. Who knows?

Anyway, I'll be installing the shower where the bath is, burying a new 50mm pipe in the concrete floor, with swept bends and the minimum of joints, not tee-ing it to anything but straight out to the open gully, and fitting a high flow-rate waste and trap on the shower. Other than that, I don't see what else can be done.
Any advice?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I always prefer separate wastes where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the advice chaps, I've confirmed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Maybe drop an hepv0 on the shower pipe to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
Back