Advice regarding fitting of filling loop and pressure gauge remote from combi boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice regarding fitting of filling loop and pressure gauge remote from combi boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plb

The main 22mm flow/return CH pipes from my combi boiler will eventually run downstairs into the garage next to the incoming mains cold feed. For convenience I would like to fit the filling loop at that location and would also like to monitor the system pressure. I propose to tee into the flow or return and fit a 0 to 4bar pressure gauge. Has anyone done this and are there any preferences as to whether the pressure gauge should be fitted to the flow or return. As I understand it there should be no difference in pressure between flow/return but obviously the return temperature will be 10 – 15 deg’s lower.

Re: Advice regarding fitting of filling loop and pressure gauge remote from combi boi

No problem with that.Just put a note on the boiler where the filling loop is located.

Re: Advice regarding fitting of filling loop and pressure gauge remote from combi boi

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I take it that there is no preference to the fitting of the pressure gauge to the flow or return supplies.
BTW, good point about leaving a note but it will be a WB CDi combi so there will be the option of using its own filling loop/key system f required.

fit a lockshield valve before the pressure gauge and you will be able to change it without drain down.

And don't forget your check valve on both sides. FL should come with one integral one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
S
This problem has been solved. The feed point...
Replies
Views
Steve Shad
S
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
Back