Advise on boiler/heating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advise on boiler/heating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CJH

Hi,
Me & my wife have just purchased our first home and we are after some advise.

the house has a conventional boiler fitted and we had an engineer out to check it over and he mentioned that getting the system pressurised would be recommended he said this would improve the heating in the house.

just wondering if its worth me doing as its £250 the water tank is in the spare room cupboard and i have noticed its pretty loud in the mornings (when the heating comes on)

we have a single channel control but he would fit a 2 channel controller so we can have the hot water & heating set to go on at different times.

is this going to be worth it or will i not notice much difference in performance/bills

seperate controls would be a good idea, sealing the system prob not to important unless there are some issues that it could overcome.

Also be aware that sealing and pressurising open-vented systems can cause leaks and pinholing. Depends on how old the system is, how well it was flushed when commissioned, whether it's had inhibitor in (and kept topped up) etc.

Not guaranteed to happen by any means but it's a possibility that you need to be alert to.

Thanks, the house was previously a rental for the last 10+ years so i would hope the maintenance would of been good but then again who knows lol.
the hot water tank is in the spare room cupboard and can be abit loud eventually i wanta combi so i can free up the space in the spare room but thats a few years off due to money :(

no problems, 1 of the rads doesnt heat up that quick but i was advise pressurising the system would also fix this? i wonder if its worth me just paying for the controller to be changed at the mo?

I'd check your incoming mains pressure first, if your doing away with the tanks, need at least 20 litres a min at the taps as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back