Advise on fittng a newboiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter TECHY 44
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 942

Discuss Advise on fittng a newboiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TECHY 44

Following advise I was given last year by kind members of this forum to replace the old boiler I have. I have decided to do just that and would be very grateful for any information I can get.
I live in a three bed semi in Burntwood near Lichfield Staffs.
My current boiler is an Ideal Concord WRS255 about 33 years old, it supplies the hot water and feeds seven raditors.
It has always been a very reliable system, but it has struggled in the last 2 or 3 years to provide heating and hot water at the same time.
Obviously I do not wish to spend more than is necessary but money is not the main consideration.
My main concerns are efficiency, reliability and knowing that it is powerful enough to be able to meet the demands placed on it.
There is only one bathroom and one kitchen sink.
Would it be best to go for a Combi boiler or stick with a Conventional system such as I have at the moment.
The system has not been serviced for quite a few years and has not been flushed for a very long time.
Should it be flushed when the new boiler is fitted and should inhibitor be put in.

I have heard talk that a Magnabooster should be fitted where a new boiler is fitted to old radiators, is this advisable and is a limescale remover such as the Hydroflow HS38 worth having.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Techy 44.

you should bite the bullet and bin the lot,if you have a combi depends on your water pressure and system requirements,your system will need cleaning via a Manuel or power flush also a good idea to have a magna clean fitted to protect your investment
baxi,potterton,main,worcester,intergas,remaha all good boiler choices if you need to have a conventional boiler instead of a combi your better having a system, pressurized boiler for quicker warm up times,and avoid ideal the modern ones are tat

Also if you decide to stick with a conventional system (combis are not always the best solution) then consider fitting a modern more efficient water cylinder some have a 20kw coil and can reheat in under 20mins.

Hi Gas Man.
Thanks for the reply.
I may well do as you suggest and bin the lot and start again.
I notice you do not include Vaillant in your list. I was wondering if you have experience of the Vaillant Eco-Tec Plus 837 and/or the Vaillant Eco-Tec Exclusive 838 Efficiency, if so what are your thoughts about them.

Thanks again

Hi Gas Man.
Thanks for the reply.
I may well do as you suggest and bin the lot and start again.
I notice you do not include Vaillant in your list. I was wondering if you have experience of the Vaillant Eco-Tec Plus 837 and/or the Vaillant Eco-Tec Exclusive 838 Efficiency, if so what are your thoughts about them.

Thanks again

I like the 837.

not a fan of vailants because of 2 reasons we the trade have to ring a premium number for advice this is not on in my book,secondly the fact that they launched a boiler with the dubious combustion seal issue even if it is sorted now i would not fit one in some ones house,the potential for it to catch on fires put me right of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
Back