Advise on Flue Terminations | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advise on Flue Terminations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afzal Abrar

Gas Engineer
Hi to all.
My Questions :
If Flue Terminal Of Condensing Boiler Is Parallel to Neighboring Property distance less than 300 mm.
could we use a plume kit to terminate the fumes .
Some Regs Confusing ..Saying Flue Terminal has to be away at-least 300 mm from neighboring property if comes parallel..
What if We use Plume kit to divert the fumes in open Air..
I would really appreciate yours Knowledgeable Answers Guys.

Window is not openable next to the flue..

Regards
Ibby

Attachments

• Photo 11-06-2016, 18 42 45.jpg
    Photo 11-06-2016, 18 42 45.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 183
What make of boiler is it ? Have to move stack also by looks of it lol

What make of boiler is it ? Have to move stack also by looks of it lol

That looks like the new Vaillant flue. In which case you can't use a plume kit to correct non-compliant terminal position. And you're right, the stack is also too close...

dont want to sound mean but that looks a mess and where's your clips for the flue

Why 'O' why didn't you go with a vertical flue ?????????????? as Shaun says that looks a real DIY job wall outside messed up, extra work required inside , no supports on flue, What were you thinking of ? Have you had experience fitting vertical flues ? or even fitting boilers, If that was in my house I would reject it, a very shoddy job

Could be a lot tidier but well done for asking - and taking - advice. Keep learning, keep improving. Is the flue 300mm from the window opening? Looks pretty close to me.. As others have said, going vertical would have been a much better option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a lot tidier but well done for asking - and taking - advice. Keep learning, keep improving. Is the flue 300mm from the window opening? Looks pretty close to me.. As others have said, going vertical would have been a much better option.
Thanks Brother , This How I'll learn more n more ,
I don't do vertical Jobs , don't like mess around with slates etc , plus people don't like to pay extra for roofer etc .
It's from two cupboard panels where the holes been made to measure .

Thanks

Yes it's 400mm away from both sides , neighbors boundary and Window is closed , opens from other end ..

Thanks

you dont need a roofer thats what the lead slate is for, plus you had scaffolding making access really easy

Why 'O' why didn't you go with a vertical flue ?????????????? as Shaun says that looks a real DIY job wall outside messed up, extra work required inside , no supports on flue, What were you thinking of ? Have you had experience fitting vertical flues ? or even fitting boilers, If that was in my house I would reject it, a very shoddy job
I don't do vertical flues buddy, reason people wouldn't pay extra for the roofer , even though
Customer wasn't allowing me to go vertical as they loft to store the stuff n toys etc ,
Had only this option , I know looks messy , but before was only 200mm away now bang on 400mm.
For clips flue coming from two cupboard holes been made to measure ..
Thanks

still needs to be clipped via approved methods

Had there already vertical , would have been easy , making new routes hard for me .

Thanks

Have you had much experience ? Don't know what part of Lancs you cover but your standard of work needs to be improved, if not your going to loose one of two things, Your reputation or your Gas Safe registration.

Hope the flue is going to be accessible for any inspection, Cant believe that he doesn't do vertical flues !

left on show also indoor washing line/hanger

doesnt matter sorry to say

"300mm above, below and either side of an opening door, air vent or opening window"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Exactly it's our opinions but that opinion...
Replies
Views
Hi, thank you for the reply. It's confusing...
Replies
Views
Pics please
Replies
Views
bit of guidance needed. I have a flue which is...
Replies
Views
Back