after a boiler breakdown .. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss after a boiler breakdown .. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how many of you guys stick the analyser in and do a tightness test? If you gone to change a PCB would you still do a tightness and make sure boiler is running safely as youre the last person to touch it? Or am i being too cautious?

No legal requirement to do gas tightness test from the meter, but if you have broken any gas ways on the boiler including the flue/ combustion chamber, legal duty to carry out 26(9) GSIU checks.

No legal requirement to do gas tightness test from the meter, but if you have broken any gas ways on the boiler including the flue/ combustion chamber, legal duty to carry out 26(9) GSIU checks.

My understanding was if you do anything to that boiler that a customer shouldn't then you have to do your checks, so even if you remove a case then it is your responsibility to make sure that appliance is safe to use, but if you top up pressure or reset then you don't but at least carry out a visual inspection. It might be that I have misinterpreted that but that's what I got when someone explained to me.

My understanding was if you do anything to that boiler that a customer shouldn't then you have to do your checks, so even if you remove a case then it is your responsibility to make sure that appliance is safe to use, but if you top up pressure or reset then you don't but at least carry out a visual inspection. It might be that I have misinterpreted that but that's what I got when someone explained to me.
Only if you carry out gas work do the gas safety testing come in to the requirements. Topping up water pressure is not gas work. If no gas work is involved, then you should be doing a visual and advising accordingly if there is something not quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
I do two services stnd and a 5 yearly strip...
Replies
Views
Back