After some guidance on Netaheat Profile 60 boiler, case seal leak | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss After some guidance on Netaheat Profile 60 boiler, case seal leak in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Got called out to this boiler with a noisy fan.

Noticed the case seal looked bit iffy and after testing confirmed that there was a slight case seal leak.

As most will know this is a positive case seal boiler and can be dangerous for obvious reasons.

My question is this:

Can the seal be replaced/repaired? It has failed on the top two corners over a distance of approx 5mm max. Is it acceptable to seal this using high temp sealant or can a replacement seal be ordered?

Many thanks

Had this issue before

You need written confirmation from a manufacturer that states your allowed to modify the appliance from manufacturers original design

I HAVE MAGIC PSYCHIC POWERS i can see baxi saying no i can also see the seal being obsolete the future is combi i am mystic gasmeg that will be a tenner

The case seals for these are still readily available. Sometimes its not the seal though and its leaking from the fold in the metal in the top corners.

I'm not sure if you are "allowed" to seal with high temp silicone or not, but it would certainly work. Could use the stuff Baxi provide for the new glass rope burner door seals on the old solos. Best to confirm it with the manufacturer first though.

Last edited:
The case seals for these are still readily available. Sometimes its not the seal though and its leaking from the fold in the metal in the top corners.

I'm not sure if you are "allowed" to seal with high temp silicone or not, but it would certainly work. Could use the stuff Baxi provide for the new glass rope burner door seals on the old solos. Best to confirm it with the manufacturer first though.

gasmeg is only accurate on part availability if you pay 50 quid upfront,it may still be wrong but theres no money back guarantee probably,maybe,deadcert

Thanks guys, have found a seal kit online now. Will speak to manufacturers tomorrow anyhow

I have had similar where the stud has come a drift from the cover and had to use high temperature sealant and mechanical ties to secure the cover, I know you could AR this straight away if you wanted to be fussy , but saw it the other day and its working perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I think so, system pressure is solid as a rock...
Replies
Views
If that’s the case, no wonder the landlord is...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
Back