agency workers | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss agency workers in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

G

gaspastemania

So how many agency workers got diddled out of their xmas holiday money due to the new EU directive that came in on october 1st 2011?
It basically states that after three months on an agency a sub contractor is entitled to hol pay /sick pay etc . Now i reckon alot of agency staff were told that no work in new year due to them being to tight to pay a holiday wage due to this directive .
Now i can imagine thir are fair few agency lads that may browse through this that didn't know well now you do :)
heres a link

BBC News - Agency workers receive pay and conditions boost

just thought i would let you guys know if you were not aware !!!

there are plenty of direct people screwed out of the correct holiday money also.

anybody on price work in direct employment should have there holiday pay based on the average earnings over the ten weeks before the start of the holiday. For example if your basic is £400 and you earn an average of £600 on price then your holiday should be £600. I dont know of any companies that actually stick to this rule tho.

depends on your contract of employement but its not illegal, its been around for donkeys years. Its basically a bonus scheme. It is illegal to pay a price worker less than his basic wage if he/she does not complete enough work price wise.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi Fubar We're looking at different methods...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back