air admittance valve height | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss air admittance valve height in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sws

Hi - after a quick bit of advice....
I have an internal cloakroom (with shower/wc/basin) with an internally vented soil pipe. This is the only room draining into this 'stack' which is at ground level and then runs away under concrete slab of our garage into sewer.
Currently the air admittance valve sits approx 80cm above the top of the main soil pipe on a bit of 32mm pipe (push fitted on) which is itself plumbed directly into the top of the junction where alll these outlets hit the main pipe. Its currently just above the overflow level for the sink.
For redecorating purposes I'd like to lower the height of this valve by 20cm or so. This would take it below the level of the sink overflow (just) - but I understand this isn't an issue with the newer AAVs (eg floplast AF32).
My queston is am I going to cause problems by taking the AAV closer to the main soil pipe?
Cheers all
sws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
mcalpine sa10v - can you get a replacement...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oz is correct you need to vent your drains...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not if you’re joining up with the old one. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
One thing that you could do is reduce the vent...
Replies
Views
J
Depends on the type of vent he’s installed...
Replies
Views
Back