Air admittance valve to toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air admittance valve to toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamesvh

I am currently fitting a small upstairs toilet cabin on my landing and was wondering Is it possible to fit a 32mm or 40mm pipe? via a strap boss onto the toilet waste pipe with a AAV on top going through to loft...or should I have 110 mm off a branch off back of toilet.. there is not much room so was thinking of 40mm pipe in corner of cabin room up to loft.

you can run up to 6m in 110mm. Why can't you get into the main stack which will be vented?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can run up to 6m in 110mm. Why can't you get into the main stack which will be vented?

Hi Thanks for the reply, there is no soil stack. but there is another toilet downstairs which the pipe goes underground..I have run a 4 inch pipe into extension roof space and connected to a 4 inch branch downstairs in bathroom.

Have a word with your building control guy about what he wants to see. After all he will be the one signing it off for you!

Hi Thanks for the reply, there is no soil stack. but there is another toilet downstairs which the pipe goes underground..I have run a 4 inch pipe into extension roof space and connected to a 4 inch branch downstairs in bathroom.

There must be a soil stack. You are referring to the unvented stub stack. Why can't you run into the extension roof space with a 110mm durgo?

There must be a soil stack. You are referring to the unvented stub stack. Why can't you run into the extension roof space with a 110mm durgo?

There has been no upstairs Plumbing. Just the pipe I have run in upstairs, the only problem I was seeing with going in the roofspace with a durgo was that it would be at a lower level than the loo.

There has been no upstairs Plumbing. Just the pipe I have run in upstairs, the only problem I was seeing with going in the roofspace with a durgo was that it would be at a lower level than the loo.
Then you can't do it can you? It's looking like you may need a saniflo.

I'm sorry mate but you've lost me... So you have a toilet and waste connected to what? You said there's no soil stack.

Sorry! I knew I should have took photos, Im hopeless at trying to explain.

I have connected a pipe to downstairs bathroom into a branch which was buried in concrete (all waste below ground man hole cover outside) just needed to take a cap off to connect another pipe to it.

That's what made me think I will have a toilet upstairs.. it was straight forward enough pipe dropped into the branch and taken up in the corner of bathroom, through plasterboard ceiling and run along roof space through back wall onto landing.

I can get a durgo above toilet.would like to know can I reduce the diameter of pipe to 40mm or 50mm

Did you not say that if you put a durgo in it would be lower than the loo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
J
Depends on the type of vent he’s installed...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you want to leave the sink alone...
Replies
Views
If poss i would run to outside to stack.
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
Back