Air admittance valve | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air admittance valve in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, DIY plumber here, I’m after some advice regarding an AAV, my current one goes though the loft and the roof with a vent on, iv seen on some pan connectors have 32mm air admittance valves built on to them. Does this mean I don’t need the 110mm pipe into the loft at all? TIA
Tom

AAV's were invented when it was difficult to vent a fixture to atmosphere.
They were intended for single fixtures like basins, troughs and maybe a shower when the distance from the fixture did not fall within the required length of the vented drain.

As for using them to vent a dwellings entire sewer system was not the intended purpose, hence, I have installed probably 1/2 a dozen of them in 25 years - on single fixtures that don't fall within the ventilation requirements.

I wouldn't disconnect your main sewer vent

Oz is correct you need to vent your drains aav's are not enough especially the smaller size ones they are only a aid to help the flow of waste water from basins , sinks, baths, toilets, ect although tempting to remove pipes and boxings to gain space your asking for trouble theres nothing better than a vent to atmosphere. Kop

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
mcalpine sa10v - can you get a replacement...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
When you flush the toilet, do you hear any...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Boxing in AAVs is not recommended unless...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Bathroom - vent to atmosphere Bar sink - AAV...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not if you’re joining up with the old one. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back