Air bleed magnetic filter | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air bleed magnetic filter in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Can someone please advise how to bleed air from a magnetic filter installed on a Worcester Greenstar boiler. I don’t want to clean it out as that was done by a professional engineer who seemingly left me with this problem. Specifically, should I close the valves either side of the filter before opening the top bleed valve? Should the boiler be turned off? Etc, etc
Comments appreciated.

What type is installed and what’s the problem?

What type is installed and what’s the problem?
I have attached a pis of the filter. The boiler is making sloshing noises despite having bled all radiators three times. So I assume the air must be in the filter.

Attachments

• IMG_3185.jpeg
    IMG_3185.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Air tap ontop of the filter inside the silver thing ontop of the cap

Do I need to close the valves either side of the filter?

Nope if there’s air in there just open the bleed screw ontop if the filter unit water comes out and top it up

Similar plumbing topics

J
I've seen a few with boxed in flues and they...
Replies
Views
Should be fine after an hour of circulating...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back