Air locks and water coming from overflow | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air locks and water coming from overflow in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dmcglone1983

Hi, I have in my house two heating systems, one is oil-fired central heating, the other is a back boiler. I've started to notice water coming from the over flow from the small tank up high in the roofspace. (When the oil heating is on) The hot water taps are forever air locking. I have to run the hot taps for a while to clear them, otherwise the water is just dribbling from them. Would anyone know anything about this. (Ps I've no plumbing experience)

It is near impossible to advise on this without knowing the complete setup.
Did someone accidentally plumbed hot water overflow into heating header tank (small) instead of cold water header tank (large)?
Check that the filling float in heating header tank is set correctly, i.e. low enough to provide enough room for water expansion. Check that the header tank itself is big enough.
Your hot water problem may be or not be related to the dripping tank...

Does it happen only when oil heating on or also when hot water on only? (Unless gravity of course). Gents, could this possibly be the infamous 'holey coil'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not strong enough to pump the water round or a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You were spot on mate. Cistern ball valve...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Sorry myself or anyone else hasn’t responded...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back