Air pressure gone from boiler after I let air out of radiator!! Ferrolli Optimax HE31 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air pressure gone from boiler after I let air out of radiator!! Ferrolli Optimax HE31 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Tuck

My Ferrolli Optimax boiler packed in through lack of air pressure after I innocently went upstairs and let a load of air out of the bathroom radiator as it was only heating up to about half way up.

Then I went to get in the shower and the hot water had disapeared so I went to check on the boiler and it was flashing F37 which the manual says is lack of air pressure and the air pressure dial is now on 0 bar and it was on roughly 2 bar before hand.
The radiators were still hot but they soon went cold so I am convinced me and the bathroom radiator were responsible for some reason!!

I know nothing about plumbing and combi boilers and the manual makes no sence to me at all, Can anyone tell me how I can have a go at increasing the air pressure inside the boiler, please put in childrens language for me, lol

I have cover with bloody Npower for them to come and fix it but they cant bloody send anyone until Sunday morning and I am sat here freezing and dreading a cold shower in the morning!!! lol

I would be so gratefull if anyone can offer me help!!!

Re: Air pressure gone from boiler after I let air out of radiator!! Ferrolli Optimax

you mean water pressure not air pressure,you need to top up system water pressure via filling loop

there should be a silver braided hose under boiler connected to two pipes ,there will be a black lever hopefully one one end,open this until 1.2 bar on boiler then close,boiler should work

Re: Air pressure gone from boiler after I let air out of radiator!! Ferrolli Optimax

Fantastic, Thankyou very much, There are two black ones and I have just opened both of them and it seems to be up and running again!!! I owe you a pint, lol

Great,pleased your sorted

John Smiths for me please and a packet of pork scratching
:)

Just read your reply to the exact problem I have, but when I release both black knobs, no air releases (as it has done in the past) but dribbles of water! Any ideas. Thanks

bump bump

It should be water, it's mains cold water going into the heating system (when you fill the heating) replacing the air that comes out of the rad. The water transfers heat made by the boiler which is why the rad is warm at the bottom and not the top where air was. When water comes out of the rad bleed, the rad is hot at the top...

I mean the black knobs on the boiler, not the radiator. ie, the pressure relief valve and the cold main inlet. sorry if i wasn't clear.

Yes, cold main is water, not air.

Pressure relief valve is usually inside the boiler and water should not come out of that if everything is working correctly. I think you mean cold feed and inlet to heating return

picture of ferrolli undergear ifn this helps to identify

ant

Attachments

• taras boiler 4.jpg
    taras boiler 4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 14

optimax filling loop.jpg Here's the filling loop set up from the online manual, the black valves should be open to fill the system, the blue valves should be open for normal operation.
If you're doing that and still no joy, you should phone a local plumber who won't charge the earth to come and explain how it's done.
Will only take him 5 minutes to show you and you will then have the knowledge you need for the rest of the life of your boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Just explain to your engineer the problem and...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate, so when the heating kicks in it...
Replies
Views
Looks like a faulty or incorrect set Automatic...
Replies
Views
They did, but pressure was dropping regularly...
Replies
Views
Back