Air pressure testing equipment | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air pressure testing equipment in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
I'm looking for advice please for what equipment to use for air pressure testing of copper pipework (for cold & hot water services).

The client is asking for a test of min 7 bar for 24 hours.

Info on 'wet' water pressure testing also useful.

MTIA

Would not be doing that with air Jim its very dangerous mate , always use water off the mains and then pressurise it up with a test pump to 7bar , i will sometimes do it to test a carcass but never ever to those sort of pressures. Cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-28-05-02-30.png

Fill a pipe up with 7 bar of air and the fitting comes off or the pipe fails you could have grit, gravel swarf , solder in the pipe it will be like being shot and the noise when it blows will damage your hearing ,could even blowup in your face use water above a 1bar is my advice . kop

Fill a pipe up with 7 bar of air and the fitting comes off or the pipe fails you could have grit, gravel swarf , solder in the pipe it will be like being shot and the noise when it blows will damage your hearing ,could even blowup in your face use water above a 1bar is my advice . kop

But that would be the same as testing at 7 bar with water wouldn't it? Still dangerous

But I think what he’s saying is that with sir there’s no protection from debris in the pipes. Water will dampen it down. Plus water cannot be compressed

It's the volume with air stores a hell of a lot more energy than water

Ive got to pressure test a large Carcass this week, I’ll air test up to 1bar for half hour, to make sure System is complete. Then test with water and a hand pump up to 6 bar (the pressure of the expansion valve PRV) for an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My pleasure. It's particularly worth noting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Back