Air separator pipe connections | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air separator pipe connections in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Yes I know it is me with yet another question. As some of you may know am redoing some airing cupboard pipework. Attached is a photo of the air separator setup. As you can see the feed,15mm, from the F/E tank
is tee'd off the 28mm connection heading to the pump. I assume this is okay, well cannot be too bad as has been this way for the time I have lived here. Are there any rules as to where the feed into the system from the
F/E tank should preferably go? ie is it better to tee into the supply or the return or does it not matter? Only decided to work on the separator as from the day I moved in it annoyed me, none of the pipework is vaguely
straight. Also would love to meet whoever did the solder joints, and I thought I was bad!

Attachments

• sep.jpg
    sep.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 40
I'd say it's correct. The air separator is essentially a short length of large bore pipework that temporarily slows the flow speed and allows the air to settle out and rise up the vent more effectively. Since you normally preferably vent on the flow before the feed, and feed as close to the vent somewhere reasonably close to the pump inlet, it's normal.

As for the soldering, that's par for the course if the access was restricted at the time work was taking place.

I'd say it's correct. The air separator is essentially a short length of large bore pipework that temporarily slows the flow speed and allows the air to settle out and rise up the vent more effectively. Since you normally preferably vent on the flow before the feed, and feed as close to the vent somewhere reasonably close to the pump inlet, it's normal.

As for the soldering, that's par for the course if the access was restricted at the time work was taking place.
Thanks. I think the soldering has more to do with the blindfold he must have been wearing.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hope the system is back to normal, just a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the pump new? Where is it located? It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
Back