Airlock in system | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Airlock in system in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean001

Hi guys. I am new to this forum not sure how well I will get on buy need some advice. I have a gravity system no combi boiler. I had a radiator that wasn't connected to pipes in my kitchen due to having kitchen refitted. I have only just got round to connecting it back up to pipes. After connecting pipes to radiator and opening valves I opened the bleep valve at top of said radiator to bleed. This all seemed to b going ok. Untill I was waiting for radiators to warm up. I noticed my boiler had gone off and the radiators where starting too cool down. I third turning thermostat up but boiler not coming on. Just white light flashing on boiler. Tried the hot water and this was the same. I spoke to a friend who said to check pump was running by the tank this was running ok. I checked water tank in loft and this was full. I have tried bleeding all radiators. Still no joy. I have tried filling system from valve on kitchen radiator by string hose to tap when I do this I can here gurgling and boiler kicks in it seems to run for 10 seconds then can hear nooses above boiler as though air in system then boiler cuts out again. I done this 3 times last night. And agian this morning I done it with hose pipe and it has been on all day getting the house super hot. Switched it over to hot water all ok. Then tonight the boiler just flicks off. Tried turning heating down as to turn boiler off and then back on and it just comes on for a few seconds and goes off again. Could this still b an airlock in the system that I need to keep trying to force out or is there any other way of dislodging an airlock???? Could I have a different problem?? Everything worked ok previously and worked all day today ok untill it went off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dean

Have you tried bleeding the pump? gravity systems can take a fair bit of filling and venting after any kind of drain down :)

No I don't think there is a manual air release on top of boiler.

Yh I have tried bleeding pump but nothing seemed to happen. Pump is running ok. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It could well be, the OP will soon hopefully...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi guys, we moved into a place last Dec with...
Replies
Views
Sam Grocock
S
  • Question
I can't afford it at the moment, but I had one...
Replies
Views
Back