Airlocks in boiler primary flow and return?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Airlocks in boiler primary flow and return?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I'm going to install an oil fired boiler soon, and the primary flow and return rises from the floor standing boiler and then travels across the top of the kitchen and then down the wall into the cylinder cupboard and up into the mid positioned valve. Its an open vented system, so can anyone tell me if Im going to have airlock problems when fill the system up?

Thanks

Ben

I will be. Have got someone thats happy to commission my work until I get my oftec.
Its a boiler change so not much is changing apart from the primary flow and return because the boilers being repositioned to a lean to.

Don't think anyone can say for sure whether it will or not but certainly a possibility, why not just cut in some air vents at a high point in the system whilst it's drained down? Won't take long and will save hassle if it does airlock

Shoot it up with mains water pressure after ur done - see a similar thread how to posted
in the last few days centralheatking

If you are not oftec registered you will have to apply for planning before you install it. Only then can it be commissioned. You will run in to trouble if the owner sells the propery as he wont have the right paperwork from you as the instsller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Back