airsource heat pump | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss airsource heat pump in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

northcarr

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi has anyone had anything to do with airsource heat pumps and are they any good.

Like any bit of heating kit, the right pump in the right job has many benefits.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me. I'm the technical lead for a heat pump company.

I get to play with them every day! Best job in the world.:cool:

Certainly easy to fit thought.... flow, return, mains cable, wire to the heating programmer.

cheers

They are simple, and I think if you can do basic Plumbing you should be able to fit one, if your thinking about getting one.

They are simple, and I think if you can do basic Plumbing you should be able to fit one, if your thinking about getting one.
thanks i have fitted a trianco airsource and not had any problems just wonderd about them in general how are other people finding them and are they a real alternative to gas boilers :)

Ring the manufacturer's, they will tell you that when it comes to replacing a gas fired system with condensing boiler and C.H.e.S.S best practice controls versus green technology that the gas boiler option is far more economical (payback etc) and there is hardly a difference in "carbon pollution" as electricity is still used. Read up on c.o.p ratio's, comparing rads(rads increased anywhere from 30-40%, lower c.o.p ratio) to underfloor heating(higher c.o.p but more costly, plus being higly impractical for alot of u.k properties). Remeber they are taking mcs registration seriously to combat missells. Air pumps have there place, but bare in mind they are not a panacea, they have limits, something to bare in mind when taking some property off of gas at expense. Also hydrogen fuel cell boiler will mostly likely take the hydrogen via a diffuser from natural gas(could even be efficient town gas). Any one with electricity supply only would be very suited to air source heat pumps, providing all criteria is met, eg insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Basically on a heat pump you want the room...
Replies
Views
My In-laws lives in Scotland Perthshire (I'm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hydrogen is certainly the way it looks like...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They will change the cylinder there’s no need...
Replies
Views
Back