Alpha 2 15-60-130 pump | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha 2 15-60-130 pump in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w.

Does anyone know what the pump should run at for 12 rads and does it matter which setting is used - left or right led settings. Images attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 22
25 watt is indicative of more or less what I would expect as sufficient for 12 rads, that setting is constant pressure CP3 which is a 12ft or 3.7M constant head which should be fine IMO, the right hand photo is showing it in constant speed CS 2 which only gives a max head of 7.8ft or 2.4M which falls still further as the flow demand increases, reflected in the 14 watt output, far too low IMO, the highest setting is CS3 at 19ft or 5.8M which shouldn't be required for your system. Auto Adapt (proportional pressure, PP control) doesn't really work on most pumps.
1705567006733.png

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hmm DAB is a Grundfos company......
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
  • Question
Understood, thanks for that.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
B
New pump common issue with the alphas
Replies
Views
Back