alpha 240 fan not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss alpha 240 fan not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

hi all
got this old alpha 240 combi to look at yesterday, customer reports not working heating or hot water.
when i first arrive turn on hot tap, it works no problem! tried it again and after 3 attempt it not working .
the flue/fan led is lit. no voltage at the fan when tap turned on. pump, divert all working .
am i correct in thinking as the fan is not working its the pcb? also there are 2 pcb? any help out there?
regards
peter

check if differential switch on diverter valve is coming up and touching microswitch , if it is then its main board because there is no voltage going to the fan , if there is voltage going to the fan and nothing is happening then the fans jammed , while you are there just check venturie for blockage , check air pressure switch silicone connectors

hi all
got this old alpha 240 combi to look at yesterday, customer reports not working heating or hot water.
when i first arrive turn on hot tap, it works no problem! tried it again and after 3 attempt it not working .
the flue/fan led is lit. no voltage at the fan when tap turned on. pump, divert all working .
am i correct in thinking as the fan is not working its the pcb? also there are 2 pcb? any help out there?
regards
peter

hi peter, are you a gas safe registered engineer? if so please conntact admin with your Gas Safe details to gain access to the gas safe only forum and to confirm your Gas Safe status. We are against giving out advise to non GS engineers, im sure you will understand this if your in the trade.

welcome to the forum.

hi thanks for reply, the diverter micro operates and the pump runs, the are two boards, main board and ignition board by the look of it, there is no voltage at the fan.
thanks again for input
regards
peter

Kia-Ora Plumbing and Heating Ltd

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
J
its bleeding old, not efficent, and parts cost...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Its the law , we get wacked with a big stick...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Back