Alpha 240E C/H Boiler Obsolescence | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha 240E C/H Boiler Obsolescence in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

electron

High there Pipe Benders:)

I've received in mail this lunch time a letter from British Gas re this boiler, informing me that the Manufacturer has stopped making some replacement parts.
How worrying should this be to me, as I've had the boiler since 1999, and throughout this period I've had the following parts replaced under contract:

Usual thermistors
PCB
Gas valve

All the above were associated with a faulty gas valve I hasten to add.
I know the gas valve is a Honeywell Part.

Replacement has also been carried out on the DHW Flow switch Diaphragm, which is incidetly now leaking slightly from the pin(probably O ring failure)

Could you please advise, or is it a ploy to get me to fork out for a dreaded condensing boiler.

Thanks in advance

It is just BG's way of getting a foot in the door to sell you a new boiler.
There is nothing much on this boiler that can't be got.
Just ignore it.

They may have stopped making bits for it but as tamz has pointed out this doesnt account for all the stock still left on the shelves. your boiler is still working so dont worry bout it.

Isnt this boiler the early incrnation of the baxi 105? baxi parts should fit.

The Manufacture will cease supply of the most common parts of these boilers after 2020.

Have all the parts for the old Oceans/Alphas in stock, if youre in need!!

it is indeed what the BAXI 105 became,the differences are fan and pcb,but most places stock spares ignore bg they have been saying for years you cant get parts for Bermuda 552 which is a lie

Thanks for all the helpfull replies.
I will now wait for my annual service, and see what is said when I say that I've got a leak on the DHTW flow diaphragm on the pin that actuates the microswitch.

Hw Pin guide seal, part no 6.1000765.

Easy to change and readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Eh? I was pointing out, that it’s not...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back