Alpha boiler - no hot water... any advise? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha boiler - no hot water... any advise? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sally Rushton

I arrived home this evening to find that my Alphas combi boiler (CD24C/32C) not working - it's not firing up.

I've tried to reset it, but I'm still getting flashing lights (referred to as A and B) on the control panel.

No help from the tech centre as yet...

I had my boiler serviced a few months ago and it was fine... but the heating has been switched off, to operate hot water only during the summer months.

Does this sound like it could be something for a professional or is there anything I could check myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sally

Do you have any gas? What is your system pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any other gas appliances to check.. is there a safe way for me to do so?

The pressure is ok -between 0 -1 which is green band which the manual says is safe...

Can you hear anything humming inside the Bolier before the lights flash. Is there anything blocking the pipe outside( the pipe where the fumes come out)

Im guessing that the lights are flashing at the same time, so its either a blocked flue or a faulty/jammed fan.

No its alternate flashing - and there is nothing obvious blocking the flue... any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Pop a bit more pressure in the system through the filling loop. About 1.5bar should do it

Right, added 1.5 bar and it's fired up! Thanks... 0.5 was obviously too low. Hot water for me tonight :)

Hi, I'm getting the same issue but when I open filling valve, nothing happens, I expect to hear water rushing through the system but nothing. The pressure stays below the green zone and the lights continue to flash alternately. Any ideas anyone?

Hi, both sides are connected but I can't seem to see how I can open up the other end as it seems to be fixed solid?! I can open one side.

Sounds like you need a engineer visit, but you are too far away for me.

Thanks. Got it sorted. Something to do with trapped air. I was scratching my head thinking why I can't hear any water coming through the release valve. Not come across it before but wiser now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back