alpha boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss alpha boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone know much about these boilers? Are they a reliable steady boiler , seem to have 7 year warranty if you buy the fixing jig . I notice they are not the cheapest boilers but the merchants i was in today say that cust service is good with them , as i have never fitted one and not come across many was wondering if they are a relaible good for money boiler ??

I have never fitted one, but most of the older ones I see seem to leak for fun.

They are Ok, my only prob with Alpha is you have to buy the premier pack to get the extended warranty, where ad Ideal are doing 7 year warranty as standard on the Logic plus range until Xmas.

Fitted one in my own house some years ago. It broke down on the first day. It then broke down or leaked on many occasions. I ended up having to change it two days before I went on holidays as it had conked out again and my kids would still be at home whilst I was gone so they needed heat and hot water. I vowed never to get another one but some years later I installed a Cd 32 C model in my new house and it was excellent. It never missed a beat and was very economical to run.
i guess I just got a bad one first time round and I would not hesitate to recommend one.
My only gripe is the fact that you have to buy the jig to get the longer warranty.the jig probably only costs a minimal amount for them to make so the customers cost is just paying for an extended warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Not strong enough Just badly designed I think
Replies
Views
Back