Alpha CB 24 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha CB 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DirksPlumbing

Hi Gents, I am looking for some advice on a mysterious fault on an above boiler. My first suspicion is that the fairly new PCB has went belly up again. It got changed last September.
Giving the boiler a second life but obviously not for very long.

Basically the boiler goes randomly to lock out with A flashing, B off indicating an overheat situation.
At the same time you can touch the heat exchanger without burning yourself.
The fault happens roughly every 10th start up. The boiler seems to be starting up but B just flashes very briefly. It cycles that a few times and if it does not manage within a reasonable time it goes on lock out as described.

Someone came across that before?

Change the air pressure switch!
Thanks for the quick response. Your name suggest that this is based on experience?
It makes me wonder if that is not another case with excessive flue length. Or restrictions in the air intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick response. Your name suggest that this is based on experience?
It makes me wonder if that is not another case with excessive flue length. Or restrictions in the air intake.

No, just a cheap air switch!! Lol

Moved to the private forum.

Please be careful where you're posting these chaps!

No, just a cheap air switch!! Lol
Well, switch is on order. Find it confusing to find the relation between an overheat fault displayed and a faulty pressure switch being the reason.

I let you know on Wednesday how it went.

I know, I first had this fault years ago, took me about 10 visits to get to the problem!

The best bit is, Alpha still don't recognise this problem!

Well, it seems you were right. I instructed the customer to let me know of even the slightest problems. No call/message by now.

But cheap is debatable. For the price of one Alpha air pressure switch I can buy around 3 Worcester pressure switches.

I had this problem after fittin a new board, found out it was the new board that was causin the lock out, sent the board to alpha and they agreed that it was faulty

Well, it seems you were right. I instructed the customer to let me know of even the slightest problems. No call/message by now.

But cheap is debatable. For the price of one Alpha air pressure switch I can buy around 3 Worcester pressure switches.

It's a cheap air switch, but the price isn't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have a Alpha Cd25C boiler. The heating went...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Not offended. I understand your frustration...
Replies
Views
Back