Alpha CB24 problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha CB24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been looking at the above for neighbour.
Alternate light A & B flashing. Pump runs. Continuity through low water switch. Thermistors etc ok. APS open circuit.
No power to fan.
Thinking got to be the board?
Thoughts people?

Most likely the pcb.

Checked your neutrals?
Have you checked at the pcb connection to see if you're getting power? It could be a harness issue.

Thanks guys. Checked as much as I can with other components, harnesses etc.
Just wanting bit of conformation I got right diagnosis of pcb. Can be more awkward when doing a favor for someone ye know and you get it wrong.
Cheers.

Hi Graham ...not ruling out pcb but alternate flashing tends to be low pressure switch ... did you test for 24vDC at the switch connections as per mi's? If voltage not there then to doublecheck you can temp link the switch wires out? .... Still most likely PCB from what you say though :)

Well said diamond I've had couple alphas where the pressures just over 1 bar and looking for fault everywhere else and when open filling loop on she clicked , I couldn't believe it as I'd already changed pcb. Defo try pressure Graham.

I've had a good few Alpha's that need that bit more than the mi's state too kris,do exactly the same as u and 'bingo'! :)

Hi Graham ...not ruling out pcb but alternate flashing tends to be low pressure switch ... did you test for 24vDC at the switch connections as per mi's? If voltage not there then to doublecheck you can temp link the switch wires out? .... Still most likely PCB from what you say though :)

That's exactly what I thought but I did think it was 240v on low pressure switch.

No it stated 24vDC Millsy 82

Attachments

• CB24.png
    CB24.png
    7 KB · Views: 53
Just link the two orange wires of the PPS together, eleminates the PPS!

I cover the London area for Alpha and this is the most common fault.
its the pcb or fan, the pcb anit cheap tho.
Only a few places stock these coz they are so expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Thank you, I will pass on the advice to her :)
Replies
Views
Yes mut pcb if you haven't got voltage at the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back