Alpha CB25 mystery of the vanishing hot water flow | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha CB25 mystery of the vanishing hot water flow in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Gas Man G

Gas Engineer
Hi chaps, would appreciate anyone could help me solve this, because this boiler is doing my head in.
Alpha (piece of £$%&) CB25 combi.
I've replaced the plate heat exchanger 3 weeks ago. Since then the hot water pressure has gradually reduced to a mere trickle. So you would think a block in the heat ex.
I removed it yesterday to check the flow through, but there's no signs of a blockage.
Under the tap the water gushes through it no problem.
Cold water inlet filter is clean & mains pressure good up to that point
The diverter valve is only 3 months old and the flow restrictor has been taken out.
Yet on the hot water out directly underneath the boiler the hot water has no pressure and therefore the restriction has to be inside the boiler.
I'm not getting anywhere with this one. Very nice client has no hot water. Frustration!
Anyone with ideas? (Yes the whole bloody thing should be replaced I know that already)
Cheers

Would love to help but we can't discuss gas related problems on an open area we have a private area for that where joe public cannot see and therefore cannot attempt. I'm sure you understand.

Introduce yourself and send your gas details over to a moderator and you'll be good to go in 10 posts time

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, it's a combi boiler with a storage tank in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I believe most kitchens come with a clause...
Replies
Views
Back