Alpha CD28 boiler - pressure loss | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha CD28 boiler - pressure loss in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davisonpaul

Hi all - in need of advice

I am experiencing a pressure loss on my Alpha boiler on a daily basis. There is a constant dripping coming out of a copper pipe on the outside of my house - I think this is the pipework from the pressure relief pipework. The boiler works ok but because of this leak eventually looses pressure to the point it shuts off and has to be repressurised to get it back on. Is there a fix for this problem or does it sound like the remedey is to have the pressure relief valve changed - any advise will be gratefully received - thanks

looks like you have to get a gas safe engineer in my friend

The pressure relief pipe passing can be a sign our a number of boiler/system faults therefor it may not be the valve at fault. As above you're best off getting a professional in due to safety reasons.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
K
Either pipe blocked or expansion vessel too small
Replies
Views
I would bet that's a leaker Bottom of heat...
Replies
Views
Back