Alpha cd28x | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha cd28x in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Gas Engineer
Hello

i have an alpha cd28x combination boiler and the hot water seams to initially be fine then runs cold after a few moments. The boiler then has all four lights flashing on the panel and I need to reset the boiler to be able to get and hot water. Any help please as to what could be the problem.

thanks in advance
Rob

I appreciate that safegasinstall but we have had the diverted valve and the diverer valve motor both changed by an engineer (who now seams reluctant to comeback) and still the problem persists. Just wondered if it was a circuit board or a temp sensor problem as it is starting potentially to be expensive.

Last edited:
Sounds like a blockage in the secondary circuit to me!

Hi Loki
unfortunately your engineer was a guesser.
Why not get the manufacturers in for a fixed price repair.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back